Saturday, November 29, 2008

The New King and Queen




The future was the theme of the Mister and Miss NORSU (Negros Oriental State University) held at the NORSU main Campus in Dumaguete wherein 13 pairs vied for the title of Mr. & Ms. NORSU 2009. Arriving at 10am on November 28, I was in time for the one on one question and answer with the candidates, I had the chance to meet the female candidates ( I was assigned to judge the Miss NORSU candidates together with Sonny Apayla and the dashing Hari Ng Negros 2007 winner, Paolo Mirasol) and half of the thirteen girls were really well versed and confident eventhough most of them were first timers in beauty contests.


Fast forward 8 hours later, the winners were announced! I was not familiar with the male candidates since I was tasked to select the queen, and the winner truly deserved to become the quuen. Her name is Vanessa Anna Scheuer, representing the Bais City Campuses and a first year Business Administration student. Vanessa's dream is to have her own beach resort in the near future for she wants to continue the abated life of her father's resort. Her beautiful featurea and height are the results of the mix of her Filipino mom and German father's genes and earned her the crowns of Miss Bais and another title that I couldn't remember.


Mr. NORSU 2009 is the 19 year old Bachelor of Secondary Education student of Bais City Campus, Ian Manila.


It was my first time to judge the NORSU pageant but the warm welcome and the sincere reception of the NORSU Pageant staff will have a humble place in my heart.

No comments: